The Research Newsletter by Learners | May 2021
Good morning learners 🙂 I thought some of you might want to consume the research newsletter here on the blog, at your own leisure. Enjoy!
If you’re new, here’s what you can expect to find in The Research Newsletter by Learners:
- UX research jobs sourced by our team
- Research news and articles we’re reading this month
- Big updates to Learners (our free learning platform)
- Trending talks in UXR
- …And whatever other fun snippets we come across!
UX Research Jobs
Junior and Entry Level UX Researcher Jobs
- Market Research & Insights Specialist @ Booking.com — Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Quantitative UX Researcher @ Wealthsimple — Toronto or Remote (Canada)
- User Experience Researcher @ Glassdoor — San Francisco, California
- User Researcher – Freemium Products & Experiences @ Spotify — Remote Eligible, Americas
- UX Researcher @ NorthOne — Remote, US or Canada
Senior Researcher Jobs
- Senior Researcher – Engagement @ Booking.com — Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Senior UX Researcher @ Nubank — Mexico City, Mexico
- Senior UX Researcher @ Skedulo — Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Staff User Researcher @ Compass — Greater New York City
- Staff UX Researcher @ Procore — Remote, United States
- UX Research Lead @ Yelp — Remote, Toronto, Ontario
Research Operations Jobs
- Senior Program Manager, Research Operations @ Salesforce — San Francisco/Dallas/Bellevue/Atlanta
Management & Director Level Jobs
- Director of Product Consumer Insights – Member Experience @ Netflix — Los Gatos, California
Trending in UX Research
A Researcher’s Mindset
Janelle Ward, Lead User Researcher @ Just Eat Takeaway.com
What it’s about:
Learning the research methods is not enough to succeed. Researchers must also acquire the necessary mindset in order to thrive in their practice. This talk is all about the ideal mindset for a researcher. What does it look like, and how do you achieve it?
A note from the creator:
“A researcher’s mindset questions everything, lives comfortably in the grey areas, and champions empathy. Give more consideration to the importance of mindset than becoming a methods expert.”
Live on Learners! May 24-28
Don’t miss all the fun at Learners! This week we’re opening the Learners Vault with tons of talks and events on UXR, Generative Research Methods, Shame and self-neglect, How to Manage a Raise and much more.
Join the conversation, drop by for a screening, and catch the Learners Weekly Recap featuring a Q&A with Principal Researcher Sam Ladner!
UXR Learnings and News
- A Practical Guide to Inclusive Research | The why and how to make your UX Research practice more inclusive by Inclusive Research
- Aurelius Podcast: Episode 52 – ResearchOps & Scaling UX Research with Roy Opata Olende by Zack Naylor
- Communicating Research for Impact by Janna Bray
- Giving a damn about accessibility | A candid and practical handbook for designers by Sheri Byrne-Haber
- Seeing is believing: Get stakeholders closer to customers with watch parties by Joyce S. Lee — Bootcamp
- The phases of a UX career. My story. by Andrei Urse — Research Loop
New Learners Feature: Bookmarks
Now you can save talks for later and keep a personal library of your learnings! Save the talks you know you’ll need, or the ones you’re itching to watch next time you have the time.
Thanks for reading the Research Newsletter by Learners! You can always reach us with questions or feedback at email@example.com. If you’d like to receive this newsletter as an email, you can subscribe below!