The Research Newsletter by Learners | September 2021
September 14th 2021
Hey Research Friends!
Thanks so much for continuing to read our newsletter! Every month we say we’ve got tons of new events, jobs and pieces of content—but this month it’s more true than ever before!
Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s new and happening in the next few weeks:
- Four FREE conferences (First conference THIS FRIDAY)
- Our New Mobile App w/ Upcoming Exclusive Content
- Our New Thought Partners Program
As always, thanks for reading—and please enjoy!
Upcoming Confs by Learners: September & October 2021
We want to give you a heads up about our four upcoming conferences for tech workers. Every one of these remote conferences will be a place where you can face new challenges and see what the future holds, and share your latest ideas with talented folks in your field, all for free.
We hope to see you and your colleagues there! We’d hugely appreciate you sharing any of our conference websites below or our conference blog page <3
Quick Conference Timeline:
- September 17th: DesignConf
- September 24th: UXRConf: New-To-Field Edition
- September 30th: ProductConf
- October 1st: ReOpsConf
UX Research Jobs
- Lead Product Manager @ Dscout — Chicago, Illinois
- Design Researcher @ Dropbox — San Francisco, California or Remote (US)
- Design Researcher @ Dropbox — Tel Aviv, Israel or Remote (EMEA)
- User Experience Researcher @ Loopio — Toronto, Ontario
- UX Researcher @ Gartner — Arlington, Virginia
- UX Researcher @ Coda — San Francisco, California
- UX Researcher @ Trivago — Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Senior Research Roles
- Director, Design Research & Insights @ Dropbox — San Francisco, California or Remote (US)
- Crypto Research Lead @ Robinhood — Menlo Park, California or New York, New York or Remote
- Head of UX Research @ Scribe — Remote
- International Research Lead @ Robinhood — Menlo Park, California or New York, New York or Remote
- Sr. Quantitative Researcher, Marketing @ Slack — San Francisco, Denver, New York, or Remote (US or Canada)
- Senior User Researcher @ Torch — San Francisco, California or Remote (US)
- Senior UX Researcher @ Trivago — Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- User Experience Research Manager @ Robinhood — Menlo Park, California
Not sure what salary to ask for? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back. Check out our 2021 Salary Report by researcher Kyle Osborne 🙂
Jobs for Learners
We just launched a job board for folks across product and tech; Jobs for Learners! Check it out if you love creating and working with amazing products, or if you’re an employer looking to reach a talented group of learners.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Navigating a Career in UX Research
UXR Learnings and News
- Accessibility. UX. Ignorance. by Andrei Urse — Research Loop
- Research is a team sport: 11 ideas on how to involve stakeholders in a UX Research project — Condens.io
- Researching the right thing versus researching the thing right by Katarina Bagherian — Method in Madness
- User Research x Product Teams: How to Build a Stronger Partnership by Nikki Anderson (Visuals by Thumy Phan) — People Nerds
The Learners Mobile App
Join the Waitlist to Secure Your Spot on Our New App
The new app will have tons of short-form content from our Thought Partners—who are some of the most talented leaders in tech, from companies like Spotify, Xbox and Mailchimp.
Mobile app users will get:
- Exclusive access to bonus Thoughts from Learners conference speakers in the coming months
- The latest bite-sized lessons from Learners Thought Partners on topics like interview prep, collaboration tips and leadership
—so sign up now for early access! Can’t wait to see you there 🙂
Resolving Workplace Friction
Share This Newsletter!
|As always, if you know any researchers who’re looking to grow, we’d be super grateful if you invited them to this newsletter by sharing this link. Thanks for reading!|